Acting tips for auditions
Bookmyface - Becoming an actor and making a scintillating acting career is always an arduous job. Because the film and entertainment industry moves quickly as per the latest trend and every day a chunk of new talents used to come to this industry. An acting audition is the first step which will help you to establish your presence as an actor in the market. An audition is the first hurdle which you need to pass with your creativity, imagination, inherent talent, and acting skills. But many actors didn’t pass this hurdle as they lack that specific skills which will help them to bag the roles in the film industry.
Though there are many effective and the best acting classes which will imbibe acting skills and creativity on you, still, you need to know some fruitful acting tips for auditions. All these tips will help you to turn this daunting audition into an opportunity and make a dazzling career in acting.
1. Bring your portfolio and resume: Before leaving your home, make sure to carry your headshot/resume and portfolio with you. Don’t forget to carry these things even if you have a manager or agent who has promised to send them over. Because you won’t be remembered without these things. Also, take the address and phone numbers of the auditors in case you can’t able to find the location.
2. Read the work: It is imperative for you to read the script thoroughly if you are going for an audition of a project. Sometimes, the panel can ask you about your opinion of the script and the character, so make sure that you are ready with the specific points that can impress the judges. Always tell the positive points so that the auditors can understand that how much you are excited about the project.
3. Research properly: Before entering the casting room, prepare yourself with some questions like how your character got changed at the end of the scene? How is your relationship with other characters of the scene? What can you expect from other characters? If you can answer all these questions, then you will not only able to play your scene perfectly but also this will make your performance more dynamic and impeccable.
4. Memorize your lines: Very often actors think that they know the lines but at the end of the day they can’t recapitulate the lines because of the pressure of acting audition and surroundings. To avoid it, make sure that you know all your lines fully. Test yourself while doing your daily activities like bathing or walking. If you stumble, then you are certainly not ready for the audition yet. At the time of your audition, you should be confident about your lines and dialogues.
5. Feel the character: You got the chance in the audition because the casting director thinks that you have the right kind of look and personality of the character. So, dress as per the character and do hair and make-up as per the requirement. Don’t use any other accent except your own but try to portray that you have many resemblances with the character which they are casting.
6. Always give your opinion: It’s very difficult to understand what a director or casting director is exactly looking for. Still, you should give your opinion about the person which you are going to play. You can tell them what you feel about the character and its journey throughout the play. Even if your thinking is different from the director’s thinking, still it will show how much you are engaged intelligently and creatively with the character.
7. Don’t go for the last audition times of the day: casting is a lengthy and difficult process and at the end of the day, the team gets grouchy, sleepy, and tired. They want to go home as soon as possible. So, the early actors get the part. Another reason is that the panel may call the early actors because they don’t know whether the rest of the day actors would be good or not, so they can’t do any comparison.
8. The panel may ask you to do more: Sometimes, the casting director may ask you to do the scene in a different way. Don’t take this negatively because he is not judging you or your performance rather, he wants to see how you can adapt and use your imagination to connect with the character of the play in a different way.
These are the top 8 acting tips for the audition which you should remember before entering the casting room. The best way to master auditioning is to do it over and over. Don’t get disheartened if you get rejected by the directors. Because rejection is a common thing in the film industry. So, don’t overthink rather go for auditions and you will learn from your own mistakes.
Bookmyface is an eminent online portal which is helping the acting aspirants to get their dream jobs through various posts. The company also provides the best acting classes to the novice actors so that they can make a bright career in this field. To know more details, please visit the website of Bookmyface.